So did anyone watch Hawkeye?

Here's the place to discuss television.

Moderator: STLtoday Forum Moderators

Cool Papa Con
Forum User

Re: So did anyone watch Hawkeye?

Post by Cool Papa Con »

Targaryen wrote: 16 Sep 2021 21:19 pm
Cool Papa Con wrote: 16 Sep 2021 12:07 pmI tend to like the average-made-extraordinary hero’s like him, Black Widow, Falcon, War Machine, Starlord, & Gamora because they’re far more relatable and total underdogs.
Peter Quill (Star-Lord) is literally the son of a god (Ego, who is a Celestial). But I agree with your point otherwise.
Good point. However, he just needs to be around his dad in order to actually use those powers. Right?
The fans are angry & loud. They want the blood of their enemies. It costs $10 at the concessions. That is too much
WeeVikes
Forum User

Post by WeeVikes »

Cool Papa Con wrote: 17 Sep 2021 04:29 am
Targaryen wrote: 16 Sep 2021 21:19 pm
Cool Papa Con wrote: 16 Sep 2021 12:07 pmI tend to like the average-made-extraordinary hero’s like him, Black Widow, Falcon, War Machine, Starlord, & Gamora because they’re far more relatable and total underdogs.
Peter Quill (Star-Lord) is literally the son of a god (Ego, who is a Celestial). But I agree with your point otherwise.
Good point. However, he just needs to be around his dad in order to actually use those powers. Right?
Well, that’d be a problem… :wink:
Targaryen
Forum User

Post by Targaryen »

WeeVikes wrote: 14 Sep 2021 20:11 pm
Targaryen wrote: 14 Sep 2021 18:21 pm Also, Hailee Steinfeld is smoking hot. It's crazy to realize she was the kid in True Grit 11 years ago...

Whoa…
Here is Hailee Steinfeld being hilarious with Zach Galifianakis...

Disclaimer: The video above is hosted on Youtube, and has not be reviewed by the staff of the Post-Dispatch.
FrankTheTank
Forum User

Post by FrankTheTank »

I love Between Two Ferns. The movie was pretty good. Go down the rabbit-hole of all the interviews he has done for that show and there truly are some hilarious ones.
“Yes, my good man, I’ll have the milk steak, boiled over hard, and your finest jelly beans ... raw.”
~Charlie Kelly
PatDaddy13
Forum User

Post by PatDaddy13 »

Cool Papa Con wrote: 16 Sep 2021 08:57 am\
Bubblebee (2018)
Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse (2018)
Blockers (2018)
Pitch Perfect 2 & 3

God I’m a failure…
If it makes you feel better only around three of her movies are worth watching.
PatDaddy13
Forum User

Post by PatDaddy13 »

Watched the trailer. It's baffling that people still get excited for these movies. And not just excited, hyped up to the point that it's like one of these testaments to mediocrity will somehow contain within it the answer to all of life's questions. Disney isn't even trying to hide the complete lack of originality anymore.

Just another nostalgia-filled snoozefest littered with unwitty one-liners and nearly indistinguishable characters.
Targaryen
Forum User

Post by Targaryen »

It is going to be a 6 episode series, and the first two episodes will both be released the day before Thanksgiving, with the finale releasing right before Christmas...

Disclaimer: The video above is hosted on Youtube, and has not be reviewed by the staff of the Post-Dispatch.
FrankTheTank
Forum User

Post by FrankTheTank »

I hope this is just mainly a full out comedy. Also, major Die Hard vibes.
“Yes, my good man, I’ll have the milk steak, boiled over hard, and your finest jelly beans ... raw.”
~Charlie Kelly
lowriderz95s10
Forum User

Post by lowriderz95s10 »

FrankTheTank wrote: 15 Oct 2021 08:54 am I hope this is just mainly a full out comedy. Also, major Die Hard vibes.
Each trailer gave me Kiss Kiss Bang Bang vibes.
Targaryen
Forum User

Post by Targaryen »

Another teaser clip before the first two episodes drop next week...

If you're wondering why mustache dude looks so familiar, you may have seen him before on another great show...

Targaryen
Forum User

Post by Targaryen »

Watched the first two episodes, it's fun. Definitely has a bit of a Die Hard Christmas-y vibe to it. It's very clear that the show's main purpose is give us Kate Bishop's story.
WeeVikes
Forum User

Post by WeeVikes »

Targaryen wrote: 24 Nov 2021 13:22 pm Watched the first two episodes, it's fun. Definitely has a bit of a Die Hard Christmas-y vibe to it. It's very clear that the show's main purpose is give us Kate Bishop's story.
Agreed.

I’ve enjoyed it. I like Hawkeye to begin with, so it was good with me from the start.

I like Kate so far. It will be fun to see her grow into her role.
Targaryen
Forum User

Post by Targaryen »

I could be wrong, but I think that we're gonna see this guy before the season is over...
Spoiler
He's the one who is higher up in Echo's organization.
DJ Davis
Forum User

Post by DJ Davis »

Targaryen wrote: 01 Dec 2021 03:09 am I could be wrong, but I think that we're gonna see this guy before the season is over...
Spoiler
He's the one who is higher up in Echo's organization.
Would be awesome, the actor recently Tweeted something that might hint toward this.

I really enjoyed episode three. Entertaining fight scene, in an old KB Toys no less, a childhood favorite of mine. Ballpit involved. Car chase scene with trick arrows was cool too.
Targaryen
Forum User

Post by Targaryen »

Hello, Yelena (0:11 second mark in the clip)...

Targaryen
Forum User

Post by Targaryen »

So... Alaqua Cox, the young woman who plays Maya Lopez (Echo), really is deaf. And an amputee. And Native American.

And this is her very first professional acting role in her life (she was born in 1997, two months after Hailee Steinfeld). And Kevin Feige was apparently so impressed by whatever he saw that she's already got her own MCU Disney+ spin-off series - Echo - in development.

Pretty impressive.