Does anyone own a Pit bill?

Moderator: STLtoday Forum Moderators

St LouieLouie
Forum User

Re: Does anyone own a Pit bill?

Post by St LouieLouie »

PSHS Dad wrote: 13 Jan 2021 21:52 pm This "service animal" thing is a joke. I saw a guy in Dierberg's with his dog. If you're so psychologically weak that you need your dog or cat or ferret to survive in social settings, then stay home and use Instacart. But then to have a pit bull as your service dog? Seriously? 8O. Why not a python or Boa Constrictor? I feel bad for that kid.
True story.
My wife and I were at Walmart and this guy was walking around with a HUGE yellow boa snake.
I went to the manager and told him about it.
The manager said it was their policy not to get involved if it was a emotional support animal.

I said, you know that is a snake, right? :lol:
Jesus replied, “No one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7_S2eRl ... re=related

Preaching Christ Crucified 24/7.
PSHS Dad
Forum User

Post by PSHS Dad »

St LouieLouie wrote: 14 Jan 2021 00:48 am
PSHS Dad wrote: 13 Jan 2021 21:52 pm This "service animal" thing is a joke. I saw a guy in Dierberg's with his dog. If you're so psychologically weak that you need your dog or cat or ferret to survive in social settings, then stay home and use Instacart. But then to have a pit bull as your service dog? Seriously? 8O. Why not a python or Boa Constrictor? I feel bad for that kid.
True story.
My wife and I were at Walmart and this guy was walking around with a HUGE yellow boa snake.
I went to the manager and told him about it.
The manager said it was their policy not to get involved if it was a emotional support animal.

I said, you know that is a snake, right? :lol:
We just need to understand that it's WalMart, where anything goes! I understand the airlines have now put significant restrictions on the whole service animal scam.
zoloft
Forum User

Post by zoloft »

St LouieLouie wrote: 01 Oct 2020 20:54 pm
Edson wrote: 01 Oct 2020 20:52 pm
St LouieLouie wrote: 01 Oct 2020 20:51 pm
Edson wrote: 01 Oct 2020 20:05 pm
St LouieLouie wrote: 01 Oct 2020 17:18 pm
Edson wrote: 01 Oct 2020 14:08 pm I have a cousin who has and professionally trains Pit Bulls. They are actually rather sweet and highly intelligent dogs.
All dogs can be trained from the start to be sweet.
Same as a kid.
The problem is, if you don't, a Maltese isn't going to be able to kill you.
You can train any large dog to be dangerous so just stop.
Look up Pit bull turns on their owners on YouTube.
Point is, there are many breeds that won't/don't do that.

If a Pit bull flips out, you are dead.
So go buy a Pomeranian you big (bleep).
One of my last dogs was a white Pomeranian.
Super dog.
:lol:
white
Dangerzone
Forum User

Post by Dangerzone »

Edson wrote: 01 Oct 2020 14:08 pm I have a cousin who has and professionally trains Pit Bulls. They are actually rather sweet and highly intelligent dogs.
Agree dude is a Fu@#@ing Moron. I;ve trained worked around Pits for 45 plus years just type my Dangerzone on Google.

I;ve trained Larsan,Ohler, Our Gang pits etc etc etc My dogs include Jerichos Dream Weaver Grand daughter a 115lb Grandson of Dangerzones, who;s Father was Buster Jo with a 23 inch head, from Cali Pits and next to me right now, Is a Freaking Nevada Pit.

All my dogs were nanny pits, touch ,get aggressive with a child, hello.

Show Pits are super friendly, cant take a dog to a Show that Eats everyone and even fighting Pits, hello if they hated people the owner would never make it to the fight.

The Problem is Morons let Pits get mixed with aggressive breads,like been said, it's not the dog but the owner.

Thanks for the Support and I think Monday I'm going to Rescue 1. Hell Pits have 1 of the Best Temperaments of any dog.

BTW on getting bit,hit the dog in the freaking nose.
Edson
Forum User

Post by Edson »

Dangerzone wrote: 14 Feb 2021 06:09 am
Agree dude is a Fu@#@ing Moron. I;ve trained worked around Pits for 45 plus years just type my Dangerzone on Google.

I;ve trained Larsan,Ohler, Our Gang pits etc etc etc My dogs include Jerichos Dream Weaver Grand daughter a 115lb Grandson of Dangerzones, who;s Father was Buster Jo with a 23 inch head, from Cali Pits and next to me right now, Is a Freaking Nevada Pit.

Show Pits are super friendly, cant take a dog to a Show that Eats everyone and even fighting Pits, hello if they hated people the owner would never make it to the fight.

The Problem is Morons let Pits get mixed with aggressive breads,like been said, it's not the dog but the owner.

Thanks for the Support and I think Monday I'm going to Rescue 1. Hell Pits have 1 of the Best Temperaments of any dog.

I have a family member who rescued one that had lived on the streets this past year. Just the sweetest and loving dog. Can't stand people who talk about things they obviously have no clue about.
Heads we win, tails we coup.
acco40
Forum User

Post by acco40 »

"Pit Bull" isn't even a breed. American pit bull terrier is a breed. American Staffordshire terrier is a breed.

The American Pit Bull Terrier is one of the so-called bully breeds often labeled a pit bull. In fact, "pit bull" isn't a breed, but a term used to describe the American Pit Bull Terrier, the Bull Terrier, the American Staffordshire Terrier, and the Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

Some people say the American Pit Bull Terrier is the same as the American Staffordshire Terrier. Others, just as forcefully, say they're entirely different breeds.

But all experts can agree that the confusion started with a decision by the AKC in the early 1930s to give it a new name, American Staffordshire Terrier, to separate it from its pit-fighting past. The American Pit Bull Terrier has not been recognized by the AKC, while the American Staffordshire Terrier, which is slightly smaller, has been.

The bull breeds are often grossly misunderstood. The qualities that make these dogs tenacious players in obedience and agility games also attract highly unscrupulous people looking for strong competitors for their dog fighting rings. The sorry result is that bull breeds, in particular the APBT, have gained a reputation over recent years for being dangerous.

Nothing could be further from the truth. But rampant misinformation and fear caused by the actions of a minority of dogs kept by criminally negligent people have provoked legislation against the breed in a number of cities and countries around the world.

As the owner of an American Pit Bull Terrier you must be aware that you may be met with anger and hostility by people who are misinformed about your wonderful dog. This is not a breed for everyone, especially those who aren't willing to invest time in training and socialization and can't or won't provide consistent firm guidance.

When raised with the proper training and socialization, the American Pit Bull Terrier makes an excellent companion for children. He is loving and gentle with people and often makes a lousy guard dog because of his tail-wagging eagerness to greet the person at the door. American Pit Bull Terriers are devoted and loyal to their family and will, if necessary, defend them to the death.

These dogs are extremely intelligent and learn commands and tricks with ease. They have a zest for life and love to be involved in everything going on around them. They maintain a puppyish demeanor well into adulthood, and that vitality makes them a joy to live with. Once you have met and gotten to know this breed you will wonder how you ever lived without one.
- https://dogtime.com/dog-breeds/american ... ll-terrier

As for Louis, I recommend he get a poorly trained Cane Corsos. Jesus will protect him.
crowleymason
Forum User

Post by crowleymason »

And they’re also killers
I’m not that bad,I’m just messed up.
Dangerzone
Forum User

Post by Dangerzone »

Edson wrote: 14 Feb 2021 08:01 am

I have a family member who rescued one that had lived on the streets this past year. Just the sweetest and loving dog. Can't stand people who talk about things they obviously have no clue about.
Thanks for the support. True Story, I;ve raised Pits for over 45 years, sold maybe 100 pups, never had 1 issue.Also the wife loved Pits, was a big time advocate. 1 time she read Pitbull attacks child
in Pitsburgh, kills Child. Well being her she called the TV station and asked how do you know it was a Pit ?

And they said because it looked like 1, did they have any paperwork proof No, and when she went further into it, they finally told her, Hey it's a Pit and that what sells ...........They had No Proof it was a Pit...

Pits should never be mixed with other aggressive breeds.
Dangerzone
Forum User

Post by Dangerzone »

acco40 wrote: 18 Feb 2021 10:14 am "Pit Bull" isn't even a breed. American pit bull terrier is a breed. American Staffordshire terrier is a breed.

The American Pit Bull Terrier is one of the so-called bully breeds often labeled a pit bull. In fact, "pit bull" isn't a breed, but a term used to describe the American Pit Bull Terrier, the Bull Terrier, the American Staffordshire Terrier, and the Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

Some people say the American Pit Bull Terrier is the same as the American Staffordshire Terrier. Others, just as forcefully, say they're entirely different breeds.

But all experts can agree that the confusion started with a decision by the AKC in the early 1930s to give it a new name, American Staffordshire Terrier, to separate it from its pit-fighting past. The American Pit Bull Terrier has not been recognized by the AKC, while the American Staffordshire Terrier, which is slightly smaller, has been.

The bull breeds are often grossly misunderstood. The qualities that make these dogs tenacious players in obedience and agility games also attract highly unscrupulous people looking for strong competitors for their dog fighting rings. The sorry result is that bull breeds, in particular the APBT, have gained a reputation over recent years for being dangerous.

Nothing could be further from the truth. But rampant misinformation and fear caused by the actions of a minority of dogs kept by criminally negligent people have provoked legislation against the breed in a number of cities and countries around the world.

As the owner of an American Pit Bull Terrier you must be aware that you may be met with anger and hostility by people who are misinformed about your wonderful dog. This is not a breed for everyone, especially those who aren't willing to invest time in training and socialization and can't or won't provide consistent firm guidance.

When raised with the proper training and socialization, the American Pit Bull Terrier makes an excellent companion for children. He is loving and gentle with people and often makes a lousy guard dog because of his tail-wagging eagerness to greet the person at the door. American Pit Bull Terriers are devoted and loyal to their family and will, if necessary, defend them to the death.

These dogs are extremely intelligent and learn commands and tricks with ease. They have a zest for life and love to be involved in everything going on around them. They maintain a puppyish demeanor well into adulthood, and that vitality makes them a joy to live with. Once you have met and gotten to know this breed you will wonder how you ever lived without one.
- https://dogtime.com/dog-breeds/american ... ll-terrier

As for Louis, I recommend he get a poorly trained Cane Corsos. Jesus will protect him.
Awesome Post.

Since 1898 UKC started with the Irish Pits/American Pit Red Nose and AKC started in the 40's with the Staffs being one of the 8 being Petey From Our Gang..........
Dangerzone
Forum User

Post by Dangerzone »

crowleymason wrote: 24 Mar 2021 18:25 pm

And they’re also killers

This is Buster, He's a son of Buster Jo who's on the Net. He grew to 115lbs with a 23 inch head, please do not watch if you can';t handle graphic material.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fTUUZyLfXQ
IrishGuy7798
Forum User

Post by IrishGuy7798 »

My sister has a pit/boxer mix, with a brindle coat.

This guy is so non-violent, my 4 year old nephew shoved a stuffed animal in his face, and he was just like "Why?"

Sweetest pupper ever.
junglejim49er
Forum User
Location: i cant be a liberal--ive always worked and have never been a victim.

Post by junglejim49er »

peachman57 wrote: 29 Aug 2020 08:37 am I own a half Pit and she is the sweetest animal I have ever lived with.

Wait until she learns how to call an attorney.

You wont think she's so sweet.
IrishGuy7798
Forum User

Post by IrishGuy7798 »

junglejim49er wrote: 26 Apr 2021 19:24 pm
peachman57 wrote: 29 Aug 2020 08:37 am I own a half Pit and she is the sweetest animal I have ever lived with.

Wait until she learns how to call an attorney.

You wont think she's so sweet.
Um...what?
UCityGuy
Forum User

Post by UCityGuy »

I was a Bull Terrier guy for 25 years. Owned many. Most were loving, good natured dogs but I was always aware they were bred for fighting and I avoided dog parks and informal dog play groups for fear somebody's dog would start a fight with my dog. Didn't want to see my dog maim somebody's pet which could happen if they were aggressive with my terrier. We had one that I bought at 2yo to show because he had great bloodlines but he was very aggressive and my wife was afraid of him so I placed him with a farmer couple who liked the breed and had no other dogs. Have owned Jack Russells for 35 years in deference to my wife and have enjoyed them all. Of all the bully breeds Pits I think are the least predictable. You could get a gentle one or have an aggressive psycho. Depends on their breeding and upbringing. With adopted dogs you have no idea. Once these dogs have fought they are much more likely to fight again. Would never have more than 1 at a time because they can and will scrap and you dont want to get in the middle of a bully fight. They are amazingly strong animals and need a strong owner to train and manage them. A good bully is great but a bad one is dangerous.
acco40
Forum User

Post by acco40 »

Dangerzone wrote: 14 Feb 2021 06:09 am The Problem is Morons let Pits get mixed with aggressive breads,like been said, it's not the dog but the owner.
What is the more aggressive bread, pumpernickel, rye or whole wheat?
Enward Van Halen
Forum User

Post by Enward Van Halen »

St LouieLouie wrote: 26 Aug 2020 15:34 pm
pablohoney wrote: 25 Aug 2020 19:06 pm Why are you starting this thread? Attention?
No.
I started it because there hasn't been a new thread here since April.

Just seeing if anyone was still around.

Plus, I don't like Pit Bulls.
And some people don't like Jesus. What's your point?
Oh wait, you disappeared shortly after this post.