Said no one ever.

And yet…
Time has little to do with Infinity
And jelly donuts
los pollos hermanos
Forum User

Re: Arby’s Vodka

Post by los pollos hermanos »

Amazing no one tapped into that gold mine earlier.
Jackie Chiles
Forum User

Post by Jackie Chiles »

The vodka sounds interesting.

But still want to try the peanut butter whiskey.
And jelly donuts
abuxb
Forum User

Post by abuxb »

Jackie Chiles wrote: 11 Nov 2021 19:31 pm The vodka sounds interesting.

Skrewball Peanut Butter whiskey is great. I found an even better peanut butter whiskey in Nashville called Ole Smokey, but I don't think it's available in Missouri.
DocRedbird
Forum User

Post by DocRedbird »

This isn't the first time Arby's has tried something radical like this.

I did my teenager fast-food worker stint in a Arby's and they experimented with selling beer for a short time. In one regard, it was a novel idea, in that it put them in a space all by themselves in the fast-food arena, but it failed miserably. Nobody ever ordered it.

We obviously could not sell it in the drive-thru and it had to be consumed in the restaurant. There were restrictions about what teen-age employees could do. IIRC, I could actually pull the tap and "serve" the beer, I just couldn't collect money on a beer sell. Essentially all the cashiers were teenagers and on the rare occasions when someone ordered a beer , they had to beckon an adult (usually a manager) to come take the order. It was not very efficient, but that wasn't why it failed, people just weren't conditioned to drink beer in a fast food joint. ("Oh wow, you serve beer?! That's great! umm, but I think I'll pass")
Odie
Forum User

Post by Odie »

I have only had Skrewball and it is fantastic. If you like Peanut Butter, you cannot go wrong with this whiskey.
Jackie Chiles
Forum User

Post by Jackie Chiles »

Odie wrote: 15 Nov 2021 10:31 am

I have only had Skrewball and it is fantastic. If you like Peanut Butter, you cannot go wrong with this whiskey.
Thanks to you, and ABUX earlier as well.

I guess I like Peanut Butter.

I mean, it’s not like I wake up in the middle of the night for a couple spoonfuls right out of the jar for a quick midnight snack.
And jelly donuts
DJ Davis
Forum User

Post by DJ Davis »

Jackie Chiles wrote: 15 Nov 2021 15:27 pm

I mean, it’s not like I wake up in the middle of the night for a couple spoonfuls right out of the jar for a quick midnight snack.
Even if you don’t, it’s good. Mix it with Coke, it’s like a dessert.
abuxb
Forum User

Post by abuxb »

DJ Davis wrote: 15 Nov 2021 17:34 pm
Jackie Chiles wrote: 15 Nov 2021 15:27 pm

Even if you don’t, it’s good. Mix it with Coke, it’s like a dessert.
Would Skrewball mixed with grape soda taste like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? :wink:
Rumblefish
Forum User

Post by Rumblefish »

I thought the whole appeal of vodka - at least to the alcoholics among us - was that vodka was colorless and essentially flavorless/odorless.

I guess now, though, they can say: no, that's not liquor on my breath you smell; I just ate some Arby's fries.

Rumblefish
arrass
Forum User

Post by arrass »

My son's brewpub has a coffee stout that, when mixed with the peanut butter whiskey, tastes like a liquid Reeses Peanut Butter Cup. Deeelish.
Jackie Chiles
Forum User

Post by Jackie Chiles »

arrass wrote: 27 Nov 2021 08:53 am

My son's brewpub has a coffee stout that, when mixed with the peanut butter whiskey, tastes like a liquid Reeses Peanut Butter Cup. Deeelish.
Sheeet! That sounds good.

As I’ve gotten older, not too many sweets for me, but nothing can keep me away from PB cups even cheap (donkey) ones.

And I can’t do without coffee, so ask for a recipe.
And jelly donuts
TheNinthSamurai
Forum User

Post by TheNinthSamurai »

Jackie Chiles wrote: 11 Nov 2021 18:28 pm “Gee, sounds like something they should come up with.”

Said no one ever.

And yet…
Are you taking about fast food hamburger Arby's?
rob'em
Forum User

Post by rob'em »

DocRedbird wrote: 12 Nov 2021 10:01 am This isn't the first time Arby's has tried something radical like this.

I did my teenager fast-food worker stint in a Arby's and they experimented with selling beer for a short time. In one regard, it was a novel idea, in that it put them in a space all by themselves in the fast-food arena, but it failed miserably. Nobody ever ordered it.

We obviously could not sell it in the drive-thru and it had to be consumed in the restaurant. There were restrictions about what teen-age employees could do. IIRC, I could actually pull the tap and "serve" the beer, I just couldn't collect money on a beer sell. Essentially all the cashiers were teenagers and on the rare occasions when someone ordered a beer , they had to beckon an adult (usually a manager) to come take the order. It was not very efficient, but that wasn't why it failed, people just weren't conditioned to drink beer in a fast food joint. ("Oh wow, you serve beer?! That's great! umm, but I think I'll pass")
I ordered it. But only a couple of times, Arby's selections weren't what they are now.
Long John's Silver had beer when they first opened, not sure how long they had it. I ordered it, it was great with their fish & chips.

Anybody try that pork sandwich they were featuring a couple months ago?
abuxb
Forum User

Post by abuxb »

rob'em wrote: 16 Dec 2021 17:34 pm
DocRedbird wrote: 12 Nov 2021 10:01 am This isn't the first time Arby's has tried something radical like this.

I ordered it. But only a couple of times, Arby's selections weren't what they are now.
Long John's Silver had beer when they first opened, not sure how long they had it. I ordered it, it was great with their fish & chips.

I did have that pork sandwich and I liked it. I was disappointed, though, that they got rid of potato cakes.
rob'em
Forum User

Post by rob'em »

abuxb wrote: 16 Dec 2021 22:31 pm
rob'em wrote: 16 Dec 2021 17:34 pm

I did have that pork sandwich and I liked it. I was disappointed, though, that they got rid of potato cakes.
Noooooooo!!!!!!!! I always got the potato cakes!