Faith Communities Offer Toy Gun Exchange: A Toy Gun Buy Back Initiative
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Rev. Rodney T. Francis, Pastor
Washington Tabernacle Missionary Baptist Church
3200 Washington Blvd. St. Louis, MO 63103
Phone: (314) 225-6990
Faith Communities Offer Toy Gun Exchange:
A Toy Gun Buy Back Initiative
St. Louis, MO – Local faith communities to host a Toy Gun Exchange Day in response to the ever pervasive culture of violence in the St. Louis Region and across the United States. The goal is to spark meaningful conversations about the culture of violence and change the way kids engage in dramatic play by replacing violent toys and video games with non-violent ones. This initiative is an effort to bring awareness to the implications and impact of violent toys, games and movies on today’s youth.
This event will be held on Saturday, July 13, 2013 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the following locations:
- O’Fallon Park Recreation Complex - 4343 W. Florissant
- North County Recreation Complex - 2577 Redman
- Jackie Joyner-Kersee Center - 101 JJ-K Circle - East St. Louis, IL
Parents and children are invited to exchange violent toys for nonviolent ones and enjoy food, music and fun activities for children and youth. Volunteers and donations are needed. Individuals, congregations and organizations are invited to support with any of the following:
- Host a toy drive to collect new non-violent toys that will be distributed on the Exchange Day.
- Make a financial donation to help cover the cost of non-violent toys and other Exchange Day activities.
- Volunteer at any of the Exchange Day Sites.
To volunteer, host a drive, make a donation or get more information, please visit our website at www.toygunbuyback.org or contact us at: The Toy Gun Buy Back Initiative P.O. Box 23325 St. Louis, MO 63156 (314) 225-6990 firstname.lastname@example.org “Changing the Way our Children Play”