How to Look Great in Sandals this Summer
Summer is just around the corner and with these warm temperatures, more and, more people are opting for open-toed heels, sandals, and flip-flops to stride into the season. Whether you’re struggling with foot pain or unsightly feet, or you just want to be comfortable, follow these tips from the Snyder Stuart Podiatry Centers.
1. Clear corns and foot calluses. Calluses are protective thickening of the skin which develop as a result of abnormal recurrent friction and pressure. Soaking your feet in an intense moisturizer foot soak will help soften the calluses for easy removal.
2. Treat nail fungus. Toenail fungus is caused by tiny organisms that infect nails. Toenails tend to attract fungus more often than fingernails because our feet supply it with a warm, moist, dark environment to grow in. There are multiple causes of toenail fungus, all of which can be treated, and often quickly.
3. Heal bunions. A bunion is a bony bump at the base of a big toe that is formed when the joint becomes swollen or enlarged, forcing it to crowd against the other toes. The most common cause for a bunion is wearing shoes that are too tight. For this reason, bunions tend to travel in pairs, one on each foot. While comfort surgery may be required, there are several non-surgical solutions that can relieve, even eliminate, bunion pain.
4. Dry feet blistering your summer fun? Treat dry feet with plenty of moisturizer. We recommend a moisturizer with tea tree oil or ureacin. The oils soak into your feet and won’t leave your skin feeling greasy.
5. Going barefoot: Maintain proper hygiene by using a cleansing spray on your shoes, in your bath, and in your shower on a regular basis. Remember that regular use of hygiene products can reduce the presence of bacteria, mold, yeast, virus and fungus.
Dr. Neil Snyder and Dr. Meredith Stuart have been practicing podiatry together for over 20 years. The husband and wife duo offer dynamic, cutting-edge technology for pain relief treatment. “To have pain free, clear, hydrated, feet will not only increase your overall health, it will also give you a confidence boost.” said Dr. Neil Snyder, DPM.
About the Snyder Stuart Podiatry Center
Snyder Stuart Podiatry Centers are based in Ellisville, St. Louis, and Wentzville, Missouri. Podiatrists Dr. Neil S. Snyder and Dr. Meredith B. Stuart are a husband-and-wife team dedicated to providing outstanding podiatric care in a people-friendly, caring and professional environment. Dr. Snyder and Dr. Stuart have state of the art podiatry centers to offer their patients the most accurate and complete care. The practice offers electronic charting, digital x-rays, and the best possible customer services, as well as performs surgical procedures at several of St. Louis' leading hospitals.
For more information, visit www.feetonline.net or call 636-230-3883.