Media Contact: Adrian Aquilino, Graphic Design & Communications
Phone #: (314) 727-6266 (office)
Over $1000 In Prizes Awarded To Artists In National Competition at the St. Louis Artists' Guild
Juror Marla Prather selected award-winning works in several different media and styles
Mimi Hart Silver
60" x 40"
CLAYTON, MO — The St. Louis Artists' Guild officially announced the award-winning artworks in the Ann Metzger Memorial National All Media Exhibition during the exhibition's opening reception on Sunday, June 17, 2012. Over two hundred and fifty guests were in attendance. All of the artwork in the exhibition (and the award-winning pieces) was selected by Marla Prather, a Curator in the Department of Modern and Contemporary Art at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York City. Kathryn Nahorski (Director, St. Louis Artists' Guild) presented the awards to the winning artists.
The Ann Metzger Memorial National All Media Exhibition is a biennial, all-media, all-content, all-styles, and jurid exhibition open to artists across the country. In her statement, juror Marla Prather said regarding her selections, "I am essentially looking for quality of craftsmanship, a uniqueness of vision, and the expressive power to convey that vision to the viewer."
Ann Metzger Memorial National All Media Exhibition 2012 Prizes and Awards:
- Ann Metzger Award for Best of Show ($500): Mimi Hart Silver, Nave
- Edgar L. Metzger Memorial Award for Photography ($250): Brittany Ranson, Track Series Image #3
- JHL & J Memorial Prize ($150): Miguel de Aguero, Manifold Series — Tourmaline
- Cynthia Berg Prize ($100): Jerry Lamme, Alice (Room Series)
- Fred & Mildred Carpenter Annual Prize for Painting ($100): Albert Kuo, American Landscape
- Jill Hill Prize ($100): John Schnellman, Sasquatch Spine
- William K. Bixby Annual Bequest Prize ($100): Peggy Wyman, Fandango II
- Alice Gerdine Prize ($100): Dan Scott, IH
- Viola Longmire Memorial Prize ($100): Debi Picker, Character
The Ann Metzger Memorial National All Media Exhibition will be on view in the St. Louis Artists' Guild's galleries through Saturday, August 11, 2012. Gallery hours are Tuesday through Sunday, 12:00pm to 4:00pm. The St. Louis Artists' Guild's galleries are free and open to the public.
About the St. Louis Artists' Guild: The St. Louis Artist' Guild is a regional arts center known for community exhibitions, programs, and educational projects for all. It is a resource and network for community artists, an advocate for emerging artists in all disciplines, and force in bringing art to diverse segments of the community. Fo more information about the St. Louis Artists' Guild, please call (314) 727-6266 or visit our website at www.stlouisartistsguild.org.
St. Louis Artists' Guild | Two Oak Knoll Park | Clayton MO 63105 | 314.727.6266 | www.stlouisartistsguild.org